We all know that babies and toddlers and pre-schoolers are a curious bunch! Not only that, research says they pick up very fast… the brain works wonders…
So, let us parents give their brain some exercise (plus the fun factor, of course) and feed their curiosity!
I’m not talking about educational stuff here.. not thinking of enforcing ABCs or 1 +1 = 2 to very young children.
I’m talking about exposure to life. Especially the parts that we ourselves forget about. You know, things like…
– stopping to watch raindrops hit the soil and smell that unique scent it creates
– enjoy the sound of the waves hitting the shore
– follow that particular butterfly flutter by
– look down into the drain (haha, Edward started that all by himself, that would be the last place i would think of looking, but see? he enjoys it!)
– watch the aeroplanes fly (Edward LOVES that)
– see a train pass by (again, this is Edward’s favourite hobby, i think)
– pick up a dried leaf from the ground, examine and stare at it out of wonder
– run around with other children / or , observe them … (it’s better than being stuck at home alone; definitely)
– run on the grass / sand
oh, the list could go on. … and you know what your prize is for giving them that much fun?
The satisfied look on their faces.
If you have very good suggestions, please share them with me! I would love to hear from you. My son is getting bored because his mummy is out of ideas! 🙂