The content below is summarized from the book siblings without rivalry by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
1. Make sure that each child gets some time alone with you several times a week.
2. When spending time with one child, don’t talk about the other.
3. Don’t withhold your affection or attention from your “favourite child” in order to make it up to a less favored child.
4. Don’t lock the children into their position in the family constellation (oldest, youngest, middle). Allow each child the opportunity to experience some of the privileges and responsibilities of the other.
5. Don’t get trapped by “togetherness”.
6. Let each child know what it is about him that his siblings like or admire.
7. Schedule family meetings.