Edward is 21 months old now. I haven’t been writing here for months! And we have a new member who is already 2 months old! Our dear Oliver!
Lessons learnt so far from having 2 children close in age:
– the elder brother bears the loneliness while mummy attends to her newborn
– the younger one will not get as much attention from mummy as the elder one did at the same age
– help is a necessity not luxury
– sleep when your newborn is asleep? No way when u have a toddler to take care of and play with
– the 2 children still have different schedules, so it’s tough here everyday
– elder brother loves younger brother 🙂
– both children can each get all your love, but each child can’t get all of your time 😦
– time with husband drops drastically
– multitasking is the only way to feel satisfied with achieving my goals, even then I can’t get everything I want done
– time to read? Haven’t touched a book since Oliver was born. Will try to resume reading soon.
– when the elder child can self-feed, it’s a bonus for you.
– when the newborn is colicky, it’s bad news for the elder brother.
– bath time is the time I feel that Edward is happy to play alone and making me feel less guilty in not being able to play with him. (he’s never out of my sight) so I let him be in the bath for as long as he wishes to while I attend to Oliver.
The list will grow as time passes 🙂 and hopefully there will be more positive lessons to share!